An option to display input and output per 60 seconds

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

An option to display input and output per 60 seconds

Post by phooenix »

Just started playing captain of industry and it is pretty neat to have an option to show production and resource usage in "per 60 seconds".

Makes it easier to just do math in your head for more stages of production instead of making an excel sheet or using helmod.

It may also be favourable to those with bad math skills and/or a younger audience, and still being able to enjoy the game without it feeling like you are doing your homework.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: An option to display input and output per 60 seconds

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Apologies, and this may be because I don't typically care about these stats, but can you give more details on the what, where, and why, because I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

phooenix wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:42 pm
Just started playing captain of industry and it is pretty neat to have an option to show production and resource usage in "per 60 seconds".
It sounds like you are referring to the recipe information. The actual rates depend on the machine's crafting speed and module effects, so this only makes sense in the context of a particular machine and based on the current effects. The only places I can think of to show this are in the window when you open the machine and in the tooltip, though I'm not keen on the latter due to it being "clutter" most of the time.

You may like to take a look at raiguard's Rate Calculator mod; it is related to how I've interpreted your suggestion but I think more useful in practice, not least because it calculates for multiple machines.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Ah, if what SoShootMe said is accurate to the OP's request, this is something I don't much care about and would agree that this adds clutter unless it was an optional setting, or something that was just relegated to mods (a mod might be able to inject this calculated info for you into the tooltip).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

phooenix wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:42 pm

Makes it easier to just do math in your head for more stages of production instead of making an excel sheet or using helmod.

It may also be favourable to those with bad math skills and/or a younger audience, and still being able to enjoy the game without it feeling like you are doing your homework.
+1, would be pretty nice. Production numbers are very opaque without using external tools.
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:16 pm
this is something I don't much care about
Glad you still decided to enlighten us with your important opinion on the topic
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

aka13 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:38 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:
this is something I don't much care about
Glad you still decided to enlighten us with your important opinion on the topic
Well, yeah. I don't want the added clutter on screen for something that I'd never use/don't want. I'm allowed to voice my opinion on that without getting snide remarks, thank you.

phooenix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by phooenix »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Ah, if what SoShootMe said is accurate to the OP's request, this is something I don't much care about and would agree that this adds clutter unless it was an optional setting, or something that was just relegated to mods (a mod might be able to inject this calculated info for you into the tooltip).
Yes my idea was that it should be optional, so that people who wants to use it can use it, sorry i didn't mention that. Yeah mods are ofcourse an option but in vanilla there is no way of knowing how much a building is actually producing with various effects etc. without crunching numbers in different steps. Production for A is this because of this, this and this, and it feeds into production B in this speed and that produces this much because of this and that etc.

I just found it really easy to just make easy calculations in my head on the fly for a more casual gameplay while playing captain of industry. But i think most of people on this forum is not casual factorio players (including me), but i can see that many people are, one of them are my dad.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”