Mod Sorting/Grouping for 2.0

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Yorven
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mod Sorting/Grouping for 2.0

Post by Yorven »

Don't know if this has been suggested here or it's being planned, but to bounce off of today's FFF, I think another improvement that could be made to the mod list GUI could be to allow us to group mods into groups so we can enable/disable certain bunches of them with one click instead of having to scroll through large mod lists. Mods are seldom enabled in isolation and there are often several that are enabled all at once, but the alphabetic sorting of the mod list dictates that there's a lot of scrolling and searching.

Additionally, I think that when the Expansion and its official mods come (Space Age, Elevated Rails, Quality, and Expensive Mode), they should be automatically grouped together at the top of the page. This is because they are 1) official, 2) presumably don't disable achievements, and 3) it doesn't seem right that Wube's fancy complicated expansion should have its mods be scattered in our lists.

I don't know how to link images here, so here's a link to my reddit post on the same topic, where I have a crude photoshopped job of what the mod list page could look like.

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ng_for_20/

One problem I can see emerging from this would be that it could lead to people more easily enabling incompatible mods. For example, enabling the Quality of Life suite in this picture would include Squeak Through, which would be incompatible and cause a misload if you go on to enable Industrial Revolution 3.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”