Trains and furnaces

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CrowBranwen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Trains and furnaces

Post by CrowBranwen »

TL;DR
Make trains able to load furnaces from above.

What:
an addition with the verticality of trains coming where you can unload ore from underneath a train if you make a stop above furnaces. Maybe with an attachment you could make like a hopper or you could make it a type of track that could use your current colored belt as a base for item transfer speed.

Why:
the concept of raised trains going over furnace lines to load ore seems cool to me

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Trains and furnaces

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I'm not sure I'd want to trivialize unloading so much to where it's direct to furnaces, and any bulk unloading/loading would need to be restricted (ores are the only ones that make sense to me) as otherwise it'd completely supplant normal unloading and make it pointless to use.

(And I know this was suggested before, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe it was only in the FFF on elevated rails?)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

EustaceCS
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Trains and furnaces

Post by EustaceCS »

o_o That's nice one!
I believe it would make more sense in a form of dedicated "dump truck" like wagon though.
(seems perfect for transporting single type of items in bulk, as in real world)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”