Button to sync Production/Consumption graphs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

qwesz9090
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Button to sync Production/Consumption graphs

Post by qwesz9090 »

TL;DR
Add a button in the Production Window that copies filters from the Production/Consumption graphs to each other.

What ?
I suggest adding an extra "Copy filter" button to the production and consumption graphs, next to the "reset filter" buttons (shown in red in the first screenshot).
This "Copy filter" button will copy the filters used for the other graph. Meaning if you press the Consumption "Copy filter" button in the first screenshot, the filters from the production graph will be copied onto the consumption graph. (Like shown in the second screenshot)
Screenshot 2023-12-08 180912.png
Screenshot 2023-12-08 180912.png (163.9 KiB) Viewed 228 times
Screenshot 2023-12-08 181909.png
Screenshot 2023-12-08 181909.png (145.66 KiB) Viewed 228 times
Bonus thoughts: The button could also be "grayed out" when the graphs have the same filters or if the other graph is unfiltered, showing that there is no filter to copy.
Bonus Bonus thought: Please make the colors of the items graphs match if the two graphs have the same filters.
Why ?
I like to use the production window to visualize both the production and the consumption of specific item(s) like in the second screenshot to see if I am overproducing or underproducing something. But this can sometimes be very annoying since you have to find the specific items and click on them in both graphs which is difficult when you are producing >100 different kinds of items. Yes the search function does also help with this, but I would prefer it if I could just click the icons in one graph and then just copy the filters over to the other graph.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”