Space Age Suggestion: Combat planet

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Space Age Suggestion: Combat planet

Post by Illiander42 »

So with item quality being a thing I think it would be fun if there was an optional fifth planet that pushed you to use quality combat kit.

Pushed you *hard*. As in, you start wishing you had rocket launcher turrets you could load with legendary nukes so your landing pad doesn't keep getting destroyed. (And since it's an optional planet, having it be hard enough to push you off it is a good thing)

It should reward you in some way, but I think just having all resource types avalible in small but rich deposits would be enough if no-one thinks of anything better. (I thought maybe having random legendary items in random chests would be cool, but I think making it the all-resources planet would be better) If you manage the challenge of holding it, then you don't need to do interplanetary logistics anymore.

pleegwat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Space Age Suggestion: Combat planet

Post by pleegwat »

Perhaps to get a toehold you need to nuke the landing site from orbit. With some inaccuracy to make using more than one nuke worth it.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

pleegwat wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:39 pm
Perhaps to get a toehold you need to nuke the landing site from orbit. With some inaccuracy to make using more than one nuke worth it.
YES! No starting area!

Though I'd rather need to hot-drop onto a planet already in my fully-kitted spidertron loaded with ammo.

Ironmonk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ironmonk »

a Tower Defense like planet could be interesting, and the resources could also be limited to loot from the enemy hordes.

mcmase
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mcmase »

Hey fellow automators!

I actually made a very similar suggestion a few weeks ago here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=109541

The post was quite long as I really delved into the vision and implementation, and I am glad to see others coming up with the same idea independently from me, I am happy to see this topic gain more traction as I believe that having a non-trivial (but optional) end game purpose for combat would be a low complexity (very few, if any, new game assets), high reward (new content and playability) addition to the game.

I want to +1 this idea and check out my original post if you want!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”