Pre-Manufactured items from Blueprints

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

RiverRob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Pre-Manufactured items from Blueprints

Post by RiverRob »

I'm not sure if this is a great or terrible idea.
The idea is to have some way in the game to manufacture complex compound entities as a new entity.

Simple Example the 4 lane belt balancer. We all have a blue print somewhere for these.
My idea would be to turn that blueprint into a RECIPE for some type of new assembler.

Once that assembler has been given all the 14x Belts, 6x Splitters, and 4x Underground Belts out comes 1 item named "4 LANE YELLOW BELT BALANCER" (or whatever you named the recipe).
The game and Mods already do this and output whole new entities, but this would output the actual blueprint structure, just as ONE item to carry around and place, pickup, etc.
With the new ReCycler coming out, you could toss your old manufactured balancers in there and get back the 14x Belts, 6x Splitters, 4x Underground Belts (25% or so).
Your construction mall could assemble more complex items without having to build them in the field.
Even have blueprints that require these complex items as components. "My mining outpost will take 1 loading station, one 5 car stacker, 12 bluebelt miner lines, and a balancer."

Once they are created, the act like a superglued lego model. They do all the same things, can still bolt stuff onto them, etc...you just can't get it back into it's original components without a sledgehammer (The Recycler).

Just an idea to toss out there!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Pre-Manufactured items from Blueprints

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I think there are a couple of mods out there that (kind of) do this. Factorissmo I think was one?

But ultimately I think the idea you're going for, as described, probably wouldn't be possible, or at least not in a meaningful way.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

H_Sage
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Pre-Manufactured items from Blueprints

Post by H_Sage »

Reminds me of "Empirion". I think you can make a blueprint reader block that will generate signals for a Circuit network at the output. These signals can be used for automatic production or loading into a transportation system.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”