Copy/paste between constant combinators and requester chests

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Regular9
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Copy/paste between constant combinators and requester chests

Post by Regular9 »

TL;DR
Shift-click to copy and paste between constant combinators and requester chests, like from assemblers to requester chests.

What ?
I propse adding the shift-right click and shift-left click copy/paste functionality between constant combinators and requester or buffer chests.

Why ?
Why is this needed? Requests can already be set by combinator with a circuit wire?
True, but setting requests by combinator and circuit wire does not allow the chest contents to be read by circuit network. The 'set requests' and 'read contents' modes are exclusive.
This would enable the simple transfer of settings from a combinator to a chest, and then the comparison of the actual items received to the constant combinator signal via the chest contents, without having to manually enter up to 40 values of item and size.
This copy/paste functionality would fit well with vanilla functions already implemented, such as copy/paste between assembler and requester chest, or copy/paste from combinator to combinator and chest to chest.

I have not found a mod with this effect, or another suggestion for this function.

poisonousbeetle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Copy/paste between constant combinators and requester chests

Post by poisonousbeetle »

i'd vote this up

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”