Better mod management client-side

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AddahDraggon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Better mod management client-side

Post by AddahDraggon »

TL;DR
A way to group/organise/selectively activate and deactivate groups of mods (I am aware of info about mods when joining a server, but I think some sort of system before that would be cool too).
What ?
I think some sort of tag system with functions like "enable/disable all mods tagged with X", "add mod/all active mods to tag X", "compare mods between tags" etc. would work just fine.
Why ?
For example: If you are completing a modpack, or you downloaded a modpack and want to spice it up a little with some mods you chose by yourself, it is good to have a straightforward way of being able to revert to "baseline", or have a bundle of favourite QoL mods you want to have in most (but for some reason not all) cases.
Another example: When you are trying something out for a server with friends, which is a bit different than what you usually play and want to find a blend that would suit everyone, and then not have to click back all the mods back one at a time.

Lezreth
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Better mod management client-side

Post by Lezreth »

The ability to organize mods would help everyone who plays with mods, multi and single player both. I would add to this suggestion a folder view, where you can group your mods into folders. You would then be able to toggle entire folders of mods on/off with one click, or individually and the folder's checkbox would show a dash when some mods inside are enabled and some disabled.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”