Area Limit on attack waves

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Area Limit on attack waves

Post by midnight109 »

I noticed, or think it at least seems like it, might be wrong >.>
At the start hard to tell, but as you get going and start exploring alot more, Im mostley on the infinite maps ._.
Untill I am better prepared I usually just run away or around bases with rocket launchers >.> and usually never return to areas with 5+ of them plus turrents plus multi bases all in one giant cluster <.<
But after you walk by bases and dont destroy them, it seems on the attack waves its throwing the creepers on all "created" creeper bases. This tends to make a lot of lag when you have a lot of bases thier you havent destroyed yet. For some reason it varies what it lags, the whole game will lag or just the poor creepers <.<
Last map that did it I had 3 creepers spawn in the middel of no where it seems, took like 10 mins for them to reach my base, then i stood there and watched them move across the map area >.> for 2 mins <.< before i got bored of waiting for them to walk into my turrents and just blew them apart :P I moved around normal but the creepers must have had some slow mo pills for bfast no animations just slowly teleporting from on grid block to the next every 5-20secs each

Maybe add a little "active" to the bases? Like if thier is a base within X by X of the player, thier active bases all others are deactive or sleeping while spawning creepers only use active bases

Phantasm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Area Limit on attack waves

Post by Phantasm »

It shouldn't matter where the player is. What should matter is player bases and other built stuff. If you have mining base far away that transports stuff to your main base, it should get attacked just as well as your main base. The distance the natives are angered should depend from the size of you base. A small mining base wouldn't attract that much attention than huge main base with tons of factories. And as your base grows, the nearby natives would start attacking even if you didn't visit their bases.

Obviously if you attack enemy base and do notable damage while leaving it partially intact, they would get angered and keep attacking even if you aren't close by. But instead of constant small attacks, they could instead do larger ones rarely. Also the enemies within the anger radii from your base should get more aggressive if you attack them.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

After taking a quick look into freeplay control.lua script it seems there is no maximum number of crepers per attack defined in the script itself. This means that maximum number of crepers per attack is finally limited only by the number of creper spawners on the map (don't know how many crepers per spawner is max).

@developers
I would suggest to athleast put some final limitation for maximum number of crepers per attack no mater if the number of existing spawners supports more.

@midnight109
It would be nice if you could provide your savegame so developers could gaet better idea of your current situation and cause for slowdowns and maybe even discover some other problems in the process.

@Phantasm
Your suggestion for native anger levels was already discussed and I must say is verry good idea but it would require huge change in game dynamics which somehow I belive developers arent prepared to do at this moment.

Phantasm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantasm »

SilverWarior wrote:Your suggestion for native anger levels was already discussed and I must say is verry good idea but it would require huge change in game dynamics which somehow I belive developers arent prepared to do at this moment.
Current enemy is just a placeholder anyway... It remains to be seen what kind of real enemy is to come.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

The enemies are dumb and slow. They will be improved. Hopefully in 0.7.x.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”