Storage Chest should act like Active Provider Chest for blacklisted items

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TheDash
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Storage Chest should act like Active Provider Chest for blacklisted items

Post by TheDash »

TL;DR
Logistics bots should actively try to fix filtered Storage Chest contents when a filter is in place.

What ?
When a Storage Chest is first placed, it has no Logistic Filter and anything can be placed there.
If a filter is later applied, the chest may already contain items that are not whitelisted.
Logistics Bots should try to remove the blacklisted items from the Storage Chest as if it were an Active Provider Chest for those items.
Why ?
Quality of life, better control of logistics storage, avoid tedious tasks in late game.

ThePiachu
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Storage Chest should act like Active Provider Chest for blacklisted items

Post by ThePiachu »

Agree that this can be a problem, especially when you have a really active network and are placing storage chests by hand. The chest may have some bot start flying towards it from the other part of the map before you set the filter and then you will get a wrong item in it a few minutes later.

The only workaround I've found was putting the chest down, setting the filter, then doing a cut and paste of the placed chest to stop any bots from coming to it and replace it with the filter in place. It is tedious!

morsk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Storage Chest should act like Active Provider Chest for blacklisted items

Post by morsk »

ThePiachu wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:21 pm
The only workaround I've found was putting the chest down, setting the filter, then doing a cut and paste of the placed chest to stop any bots from coming to it and replace it with the filter in place. It is tedious!
I have a blueprint I made in /editor, of a storage chest filtered for an impossible item, like whatever the infinite power supply is called. Another way is to delete the chest after setting its filter and use Undo to get it back.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”