Make rocks and trees have a visual way of showing destructrion instead of health bars

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DanDoesStuff
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Make rocks and trees have a visual way of showing destructrion instead of health bars

Post by DanDoesStuff »

Title explains it all.
I play factorio for the visual side of the game, I adore the look of the industrial buildings and the surrounding nature but the health bar on these kinda ruins the look in my opinion.
It's quite easy to crash into trees and rocks accidentaly and after playing a world for a while the amount of damaged objects only increases and you cant really fix them, only destroy them entirely.

My suggestions to solve this would be:
  • Make the healthbar dissapear after a while and reapear only when interacted with (destroying it, damaging it.
  • As mentioned in the title, make the trees and rocks visually damaged (trees possibly wouldn't need any new textures as the polluted and dead trees could be used)
  • Make trees heal over time, making the health bar disseapear on full health
  • Or make a hybrid out of these mentioned solutions.
The game is very pretty and I like to keep my trees and rocks.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Make rocks and trees have a visual way of showing destructrion instead of health bars

Post by mrvn »

Trees / Rocks with damage could also yield less items when mined.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Make rocks and trees have a visual way of showing destructrion instead of health bars

Post by Amarula »

+1
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Stringweasel »

I also get frustrated when I see rocks/trees with health bars that I actually drove into, shot, or grenated. Even worse is when I try to destroy the trees with healthbars, just to get them away, and then I hit another tree.

+1 for trees/rocks having slow health regeration. It makes sense for trees. And can a rock really get hurt? If you shoot a hole in a rock, it's still a regular rock, it just has a hole in it now :P
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Trees do regen:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Ent ... g_per_tick
healing_per_tick

Type: float
Default: 0.001666 for Prototype/Tree, 0 for the rest of entities
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”