map view: distinguish station limit 0 versus station full

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

map view: distinguish station limit 0 versus station full

Post by Amarula »

TL;DR
Add the ability to see from the map if a station is 'disabled' by setting the limit to zero, as opposed to full because the limit of allowed trains are on the way.

What ?
Currently a train station shows blue in map view if the limit is reached (yay! thank you devs!). Instead of using blue for a station that does not allow any trains, use a different color such as dark blue or purple for a station limit of zero.
Why ?
Provide more insight into train operations and aid debugging train network issues, especially in large (>1000 trains, >3000 stations) networks.
For example, if I copy the iron loading station to use for copper and remember to change the names but forget to set the train limit based on copper availability instead of iron... or if I manually set the limit to zero (uncheck the box to set the limit sets it to zero so convenient) while I perform some maintenance and forget to turn it back on...
Currently I glance at the map, see blue, think ah good, train is on the way, come back a few minutes (or a few hours) later and think, hey why hasn't the train arrived yet?
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”