Adding way to skip music.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Rafiz
Inserter
Inserter

Adding way to skip music.

Post by Rafiz »

Base-game should give ability to skip music, or even implement in-game player (like in ParadoxInteractive games).

Reasoning behind it is - right now you have option to please one player (by disabling/enabling some ambient sounds in data phase). However it's impossible to satisfy many players if you want to add music in modded server game. Each of them HAS to have exactly same ambient sound set.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Adding way to skip music.

Post by Donion »

I like this idea, I'll put it on my list of potential features, no promises or estimates though. I'm thinking a simple keyboard shortcut to skip current track would do.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Some keyboards also have dedicated media keys. I don't know if it'd be possible (or desired) to also be able to listen for those?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

In 2.0 there will be controls to:
  • Play the next track (skipping current track)
  • Play the previous track (up to 5 previous tracks are remembered)
  • Pause/Resume current track
They will be unbound by default and it's possible to bind them to media keys just like any other keys.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Donion wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:58 pm
In 2.0 there will be controls to:
  • Play the next track (skipping current track)
  • Play the previous track (up to 5 previous tracks are remembered)
  • Pause/Resume current track
They will be unbound by default and it's possible to bind them to media keys just like any other keys.
Awesome, that sounds great! 👍
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Implemented in 2.0”