Circuit Network PDA

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Circuit Network PDA

Post by aka13 »

TL;DR
A craftable, upgradeable-through-research PDA, located to the left of the HUD like the map is located at the right.

What ?
I want to have a sort of PDA, on the left of the screen, symmetrical to the map when maxed out, ideally it would be an item for a slot, kind of like power armor works.
This PDA would have two parts - buttons and indicators.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (3.48 MiB) Viewed 404 times
This PDA would connect to a base station, where you have circuit connection to your "real world". Perhaps, multiple pairs, researchable.
I don't know if it would be a fun mechanic, to have something akin to coverage and base stations, I think I would rather find that tedious, and not fun.

With that said, you could then have lamps light up, based on stuff sent into the base station, or send signals to your base, based on the buttons pressed. That would propably never get old for me.
I wanted to write a mod at one point to do just that, but as far I understood then, you can not anchor hud elements freely, and mod hud conflicts sounded so unfun, that I decided to let it be.

Why ?
I use circuits for a lot of small fun things, and indicators on the "wellbeing" of my base. Right now, you always have to zoom to some specific part of the base to get a reading, and use stupid copy paste tricks, to change signal states.
Here is an example of such an dashboard. I think that the PDA would be a nice, not-too-complex-addition fitting into current mechanics, which would encourage using circuit networks more often for simplier things.
Screenshot 2022-12-23 164447.png
Screenshot 2022-12-23 164447.png (3.79 MiB) Viewed 404 times
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”