Blueprints Improvement, Build Orders

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Blueprints Improvement, Build Orders

Post by Maddhawk »

I would like to suggest that when making a blueprint, we should be able to set a build order for what components get built first. Most of the time, this doesn't matter too much. However, when building walls and other combat related structures, this can be crucial at times, particularly when creeping upon a biter nest.

I would just like to be able to say something like:
1) Build belts first
2) Build power poles next
3) Build Walls third
4) Build turrets fourth

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Blueprints Improvement, Build Orders

Post by ssilk »

There is already something like a build-order. The electric and roboports first, then the rest. Do you mean that you can edit this build-order for each blue-print or - as currently implemented - in general?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Maddhawk »

I'd like to be able to edit/assign a build order in the print itself when making a blueprint. This way, bots build it exactly the same way everytime in the exact same order.

Mostly, I'd like this of building defensive walls with turrets and power and belt fed ammunition. I can't count the number of times I have had bots and turrets destroyed cause they put down turrets too soon and triggered a biter attack cause of the extra aggro range military structures has.

Oh, and if no build order is assigned, then the game would default to normal build behaviors.

Tooster
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tooster »

I might point you to mods that could solve your issues:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bp100
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/blueprint-stages

I think you can achieve "ordering" even in vanilla game - if you want order under siege, then you probably want separate blueprints for walls with turrets, then belts with ammo, then the rest etc. It can be even done in vanilla by using a blueprint book with blueprints and quickly selecting with SHIFT+WHEEL an active blueprint.
Look mom, I made a mod ^^ Barrel Stages

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”