New train stop "condition" "switch to manual operation"

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: New train stop "condition" "switch to manual operation"

Post by SoShootMe »

mmmPI wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:33 pm
choose and item, and then click the operator so the condition by default is not "iron"=0
Where dId I say to do any of that? ;)

In fact, you could set an item (or use Fluid count and set a fluid) if you wanted, because the default expression is "x < 0" which will still never be true.
SoShootMe wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:06 pm
An item count condition without the item set is a workaround
SoShootMe wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:43 am
the workaround I suggested before: Add wait condition, Item count. Two clicks after adding the station
SoShootMe wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:43 pm
the workaround of an unconfigured item count condition.
(Emphasis added.)

I'm really not sure how to make it more obvious. Oh, wait:
waitforever.PNG
waitforever.PNG (7.83 KiB) Viewed 740 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

SoShootMe wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:58 am
Where dId I say to do any of that? ;)
nowhere it was all me :oops: x)
SoShootMe wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:58 am
In fact, you could set an item (or use Fluid count and set a fluid) if you wanted, because the default expression is "x < 0" which will still never be true.

I'm really not sure how to make it more obvious. Oh, wait:
I think this is successful at making it obvious enough even for me, now it really makes it impossible to misunderstand , i was indeed doing it wrong from all that time, but not you :)

In such case i understand there would be no difference concerning the discussed problem in game if the condition " switch to manual mode" was added but not as default.

I am then not sure i have a clear +/- concerning the suggestion. It would indeed save clicks for personnal trains, and it would still be possible to change the condition to "5 sec passed" when creating the temporary stop to prevent forgotten train to create problems but that would add clicks. I guess overall +

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This proposed stop condition looks useful for using trains as transport. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80164 Train's CTRL-click Temporary Stop behavior

Let’s say ctrl-click will add in future a “piece of temporary schedule” into the current schedule of a train. The piece of schedule can be one or more command, that can be configured at any time. “Temporary” means it will be added and after running through it it will be removed. Adding a stop condition into that temporary schedule means the schedule stops there, the temporary schedule-part will not automatically be removed. Which might be super useful.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”