[switch] More control over vibration

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[switch] More control over vibration

Post by JasonC »

I would like to see two separate new settings:

1. A setting to disable vibrations for mining, playing the traditional mining "clink!" sound instead, and
2. A setting to globally disable vibrations (no need for this one to replace with sounds; just vibrations: on + off)

#1 is just because I don't personally care for the mining vibration that much (it's a bit intense), I prefer the sound. That said, it wouldn't bug me as much if it were toned down a bit.

#2 seems more like good UX etiquette: Since vibrations do make audible noise, if you can't turn them off, you can't use the software in an environment where noise is not acceptable. So you should be able to turn them off completely in any case, regardless of #1.

Thanks for this FREAKIN' AWESOME game version!
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [switch] More control over vibration

Post by JasonC »

Note: Lack of mining sound looks to be a bug. In that case, #1 can be ignored, and #2 covers the whole feature request.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [switch] More control over vibration

Post by Bilka »

2. Could already be done via the settings of the console itself (System settings -> Controllers and Sensors -> Controller Vibration) but since 1.1.76 the vibration intensity can also be changed in the Factorio Control settings.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”