[Suggestion] Search box for train stops directly on map

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Suggestion] Search box for train stops directly on map

Post by JasonC »

It would be really handy if, in the map view, if I had train stop names enabled, there was a little search box that, when I type in it, it hides the names of all train stops that don't contain the search text.

When I have multiple train stops with the same name on a map with a lot of other train stops, this would make it a lot easier to see at a glance where the ones with a specific name were, which is especially handy if I need to visit all of them to make some sort of change, or just see what's going on.

I think a convenient UI would be that if the train stop name toggle button was enabled, then the search box would be visible in the area under the toggle buttons, and if the train stop name toggle were disabled, then the search box wouldn't be visible.

Like this maybe:

Also I think it should honor the fuzzy text search game setting if possible.

Those are my preferences for the UI but other options could be:

- If you had to type then press a button to search, that also works. Search-as-you-type is consistent with the recipe title bar search boxes though, and is more convenient I think.
- Instead of being always visible when train stop names are on, it could just be collapsible into a magnifying glass button, like the recipe title bar searches. Or it could pop up when you right-click on the train stop name toggle button.
Last edited by JasonC on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Suggestion] Search box for train stops on map

Post by aka13 »

+1
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Topic already exists for that one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57010
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:56 pm
Topic already exists for that one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57010
Thanks, from there I also found viewtopic.php?f=66&t=57860 although it's in "Implemented"; but it looks like the way it was implemented is in the trains UI. Which is actually very useful, although I'd still really like one right on the map as a filter so I could see them all at a glance and also to cut down on some of the map noise.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”