[QoL] Add a "Quick stack" button to chest

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ct402
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[QoL] Add a "Quick stack" button to chest

Post by ct402 »

TL;DR
A QoL button on container interface, that drops all duplicates of items already in a chest or container that you currently carry.

What ?
In core keeper, there is a button next to the chest inventory that let you automatically add all the items you carry that are duplicates of item already present in the chest.

Often when you work on your belt spaghetti or your factory, you find yourself unwillingly picking up items that were on the belts or inside the building when you destroy them to move them around.
Adding a similar button would let you get rid of the items you don't want in a single click without having to search them in your player inventory (which can be hard sometimes)

It would also be great if it worked with filters (requester, storage and buffer chests as well as cargo wagon slot filters) and ideally only drop the amount necessary to fill the filter requirement.

It could come on the top-right corner, similar to the build/inventory search button or the sort button that exists in certain mods

Why ?
It saves a lot of time on the tedious inventory cleaning in the early phases of the game, typical scenario is:
I went around exploring for a while, refactored some part of my factory and built some stuff manually. Now I have a lot of intermediates, raw resources and stuff i might need later that are cluttering my inventory (excess copper wire, circuit, raw ores, fishes, obsolete or excess buildings, etc).
Which items should i drop in the chests I keep neat my base for later and which should I keep with me ?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [QoL] Add a "Quick stack" button to chest

Post by Koub »

For reference, very related to this : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=102715
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

Not that this necessarily solves the problem, but you can do this with an assembler or other machine that takes ingredients.

If you Control-click on an empty space in your inventory while you have the machine open, it'll insert as many ingredients as possible (up to one stack each) from your inventory.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I also throw in this mod:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/even-distribution

Inventory Cleanup Hotkey (SHIFT + C)
...It evenly distributes all unneeded items from your inventory into nearby machines and chests that accept it.

However, I like the idea for vanilla
+1

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

In the end this would be simple to implement as mod. Which I recommend to do, because it is indeed a good idea.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Besides other features, I implemented a hotkey in this mod to quick stack to a chest:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/extended-fasttransfer

Not a button, but a hotkey

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”