Thoughts Graphs and Charts.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

tonberrytoby
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Thoughts Graphs and Charts.

Post by tonberrytoby »

I think those charts you can see for your electricity network are awesome. I want more of those.

For the electric chart:
What will be really useful is a chart of the stored accumulator energy.
Also I do think that the Accumulators charging should be included as a negative source instead of as a load.
There also should be total graphs of all the loads, and all the sources.
And load types should be able to be excluded from the graph to make it more readable.

A logistics chart would also make sense in game.
Here you should be able to see charts of the number of items in your logistics system

Charts of all the items on the map would also make for some nice metrics. Although they make less sense in game.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Thoughts Graphs and Charts.

Post by ssilk »

Na, they make total sense for me. You can see, when coal begins to run out or when you reached enough green bottles, that it is enough for the rest of the game. I would like to have statistics for all things in the game. How many assemblies built, how many creepers killed, etc. First you will ignore them, then you might find them useful, then you begin to study them and then you see on some spikes in a graph, that there is something going wrong...

Where to find the statistics? In your home of course. :) https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=6&t=972

PS: If you hadn't wished this I had. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

I would like independent control of time scale for the machine-bar-graphs and line-graph.

Many times I ran into a need of the line-graph set to a longer time period AND the bar-graphs displaying immediate values (not averaged over the graph)

tonberrytoby
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tonberrytoby »

ssilk wrote:Na, they make total sense for me. You can see, when coal begins to run out or when you reached enough green bottles, that it is enough for the rest of the game. I would like to have statistics for all things in the game. How many assemblies built, how many creepers killed, etc. First you will ignore them, then you might find them useful, then you begin to study them and then you see on some spikes in a graph, that there is something going wrong...

Where to find the statistics? In your home of course. :) https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=6&t=972

PS: If you hadn't wished this I had. :)
I meant it makes no sense for the character to have access to that information. For the player it is very useful.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”