Native Anger Level

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kwiz
Inserter
Inserter

Native Anger Level

Post by kwiz »

So, as time goes on, the natives get more and more restless at your presence on the planet. The question is, how restless? I propose a Native Danger Level counter, that gives an indication of the wave strength that is going to be thrown at you. More importantly, by quantifying the native's attack strength, it will be easier to create parts of the game that will modify that anger (more about that in another thread). Some other ideas while I'm at it, assuming that there will be different enemy types, this could be done grand theft auto style, with higher heat levels meaning tougher enemies. Similarly, maybe at an anger level of 4, a new enemy type starts attacking. At this point, base defense needs to be upgraded to deal with this new, maybe differently-behaving enemy (super durable? Jumps over walls?). Just to throw even more stuff at you, the previously mentioned pollution concept (not sure how to link other threads, but there is one in there) could be worked in to either decrease or slow the increase of the anger level. If the player managed to, say, convert their entire power-supply system to solar energy, maybe the counter wouldn't get to the point to where they had to worry about a jumping creaper. Thoughts?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Native Anger Level

Post by ssilk »

I like the idea, that after reaching some "level" the anger increases. But I don't see that for a sandbox-game, I see that for some special games, where you can set have a more detailed control above what should happen. I would call that a tower-defense-mod, where you have some maps, with different conditions.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

That is an excelent idea.
This idea could lead to dynamic game dificulty which would acltually be afected by players decisions.
While Factorio is a Sandbox based game, the current system for determining strenght of creeper atack forces the player to folow it blindly and hinders players creativity in a way.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I also think there should be a limit, as it is now, you can get loooots of creepers in a row D:

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

If you are interest in seeing how many creepers could come in one wave check next thread where I have done some calculations of that (more than 700 after 50 attacks and way more than 2000 after 100 attacks):
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=23&t=545

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I thought they increased by one each attack

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

ficolas wrote:I thought they increased by one each attack
Ugh I forgot to mention that this is default behavior for last mission of Alpha game campaign. Not sure how creeper attack numbers are calculated in Freeplay. You could always check control.lua script for any level to see how it is done.

BTW it is time for me to rety this last level to see how much time can I stay alive. Last time I managed just some more than 6 hours of gameplay before I got overrun (no laser turets due to unsificient power supply).

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

SilverWarior wrote:If you are interest in seeing how many creepers could come in one wave check next thread where I have done some calculations of that (more than 700 after 50 attacks and way more than 2000 after 100 attacks):
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=23&t=545
I can only restate that the wave size is limited by the number of creeper spawners. There are 43 creeper spawners on that map. Each will spawn up to 7 creepers (some less, because the space around them is taken up by trees or turrets) that idly stand around. So no matter how many creepers the script commands to attack you, at most 301 creepers will be available for that wave.

At two damage per shot (basic bullets), 15 health per creeper and 10 shots per magazine you'll need 225.75 bullet magazines costing 451.5 iron plates per wave. If a stone furnace produces one item every 3.1 s, and the time between waves is 240 s, you need 6 stone furnaces and 1 bullet assembling machine to fully defend against the creepers. I think that's very doable, at least until you run out of iron ore. Unless my calculations are wrong somewhere, of course.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”