Achievements and Incentives

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kwiz
Inserter
Inserter

Achievements and Incentives

Post by kwiz »

So I was playing Borderlands 2, and one of the things that struck me as kind of neat was the bad*ss ranks system. Basically, completing in-game challenges (killing so many enemies with a pistol, or by running them over, or critical hits, etc.) would give you ranks which would eventually award tokens which could be used to purchase minor stat bonuses to things like gun damage, reload speed, etc. The bonuses are account-wide, and honestly don't actually amount to much, but it gives a sense of satisfaction nonetheless. I was thinking perhaps there could be action-specific bonuses linked to achievements in free-play mode (once unlocked they would be toggleable during free-play). For instance, mining 1000 iron by hand gives you an increase in mining speed when mining iron by hand, or doing 25000 durability damage to your pickaxe gives your subsequent pickaxes boosted durability, or crafting 5000 iron sticks by hand gives you a speed increase when making iron sticks by hand. It could either be an account thing, or could be a per-game thing sold under the "character experience" label. The automated machines should be improved through the tech tree, but you won't convince me that, after mining 1000 iron by hand, the player doesn't figure out how to be just a little bit better at it. Thoughts?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Achievements and Incentives

Post by ssilk »

To the first: I see the in-game challenges as a good side-play to give the users a better feeling of "time" lets them see advantages.
To the second: The goal is to create as much as possible in factory. I would never come to the idea, to mine more than 1000 iron by hand. :) Or do you mean 1000 iron in sum over all his games?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

I like the idea (beeimg per acount)
But there is a problem, the player could modify the game so its easier to him to archieve these goals, and get an advantage in mp, I wouldnt do this, but im sure thar somebody would.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

ficolas wrote:I like the idea (beeimg per acount)
But there is a problem, the player could modify the game so its easier to him to archieve these goals, and get an advantage in mp, I wouldnt do this, but im sure thar somebody would.
You can always limit theese advantages to Single Player for preventing cheating.

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

It smells like RPG system in factorie. :-D

Some way which will be strictly under control is welcome but there should be definitely focus on automation not for manual work.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”