New replay after updating mods/base game

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

New replay after updating mods/base game

Post by jodokus31 »

TL;DR
We all know, the replay gets discarded and is lost, once you update mods or base game.
Please, start collecting new replay data in the save file starting from point of updating.
What ?
I know, it's not possible to continue collection replay data after updating mods/base game, because its not possible to replay the same actions with the changed baseline.
But it should/could be possible to collect new replay data from the point of updating mods/base game, so I can at least continue the replay from this point.

I know it's possible to convert a save to a scenario, which lets you start a new game + replay with the current state. There are downsides like disabled achievement and I don't know what else.
Why ?
If you have a big play-through, which lasts several months/years, you are not able to update anything, without screwing up your replay. Most of the time you just bite the bullet and update -> the replay is lost.
It would be cool to have a possibility to continue the collection of replay data after update. Then you can save your replay before updating, by copying the whole installation and then continue from that point on. This would also make the replay smaller, which can help to navigate.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”