Mod menu back button confirm [MOUSE]

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

martinekopl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mod menu back button confirm [MOUSE]

Post by martinekopl »

TL;DR
Add a confirm to the "back" function in the mod menu (modlist) [MOUSE]

What ?
When i press the "back" button on my mouse in modlist (mod browser?), it immediately restarts the game applying changes (when pressing the back button while installing mods). Because this back function does not bring me "back" to the previous windows (from the downloading page to the installed mods page), i suggest to add a simple popup like "Restart now?", or even better, make the back function work(returning you to the previous mod menu category).
Edit1: Also found out, that if you "back out" from the menu while still downloading the mods, you lose the whole mod queue to be downloaded, having to do it all again
Why ?
I think it would make browsing the modmenu a lot better for some users (maybe only me tho).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mod menu back button confirm [MOUSE]

Post by ssilk »

Well, that part of the mods menu has a very bad UX (user experience). There are many other suggestions around this, to fix the UX. Beginning from that a reload is not needed anymore to that the back button should be ghosted in case of change. It’s hard to link them all, they are sometimes just mentions in another suggestion.

Also found out, that if you "back out" from the menu while still downloading the mods, you lose the whole mod queue to be downloaded, having to do it all again
Make a bug report, please! Because this is indeed a bug.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”