Put blueprints into the clipboard history when pulling them up to place

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

dugen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Put blueprints into the clipboard history when pulling them up to place

Post by dugen »

TL;DR
When you pull a blueprint out of your blueprint library to place into the world, also put it in the clipboard so that if you cancel, you can get it back with Ctrl-V.
What ?
Unfortunately it's hard to make pictures describing this, because it's all about the keyboard interface.
Why ?
Often I go to pull a blueprint out and get ready to paste it down, but then realize I need to remove something or change something to make that blueprint fit. I cancel, then make whatever changes I need to, and then I have to go find the blueprint again. I have an extensive blueprint library now and it can take a few clicks and some scrolling to get back to it. For a big complicated blueprint where I'm changing a bunch of things out, I may have to pull it up 4 or 5 times before I get everything cleaned up and ready to place the new stuff down, and all that clicking into the blueprint library gets obnoxious. Sometimes I'll put a blueprint onto my tool bar that I only intend to use once, just so I don't have to go back in a bunch of times.

A few times lately I have been confused that a blueprint I just had wasn't in my Ctrl-V history and then it hit me that I had pulled it out of my library instead of copying it from my world which was why it was missing. What I think would fix both of these issues is for a blueprint to enter that history when I select it. It seems like a simple common sense change that would make the blueprint library seem much less cumbersome.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Put blueprints into the clipboard history when pulling them up to place

Post by ssilk »

Maybe it’s your common sense. :? 8-) Mine it’s not. I would not like to have my clipboard mixed up with things I already have elsewhere.

If I want to have a BP in my clipboard, I paste it as ghost and immediately delete it with CTRL-x. But i don’t use this often, instead if I repeatedly use some blueprints and I do put them simply onto the first BP page. Pressing B and select what I want. When I’m finished with what I want to do I put them back into their bp-books. So what I could imagine instead is a line with the five topmost used BPs in this book, during this game. So I can press B and then a number 1-5 to select it…
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”