Please add option to skip stations when destination is full

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Please add option to skip stations when destination is full

Post by mrvn »

TL;DR
Either in the station or the train schedule have an option to skip stations when destination is full.
What ?
One can make trains skip stations that are full by disabling them. But that is a purely binary option: all trains vs. no trains. This doesn't play well with the train station limit. I'm suggesting extending the train station limit feature so trains can skip stations instead of waiting with a destination full message.

This could go one of two ways:

1) In the train station have an option for trains to skip the station when the train limit is reached. A negative limit could be used to signal "may skip" allowing this to be activated via circuit network and wouldn't even need any GUI work.
2) In the train schedule add an icon after the station name that can be toggled on or off. The icon would say weather to skip the station when destination full. This would be more work and I'm not sure of it's usefulness over option 1.
Why ?
The ability to skip stations in the schedule is an often requested feature. In a very limited way one can use the enable/disable station feature. But that is limited to one train at a time and constructing a station with enable/disable feature for multiple trains is possible but it involves a dummy train stop per train and complex circuit logic that is beyond most players. Being able to combine skipping stations with the train station limits would open up a lot more options.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Please add option to skip stations when destination is full

Post by ssilk »

All I can say to this subject is, that there are several threads around train skipping, all with different flavors.

E.g. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89618 Trains need to skip unload stations when empty

- > Skip destination when train empty
.vs. skip destination when destination is full.

🤷‍♂️ Can’t say what’s better, more useful, simpler to implement. Or do both make sense? Maybe.

This search reveals, that this theme is not moderated:
search.php?keywords=Skip+station+train+ ... mit=Search

Some could be moved to implement. Hard to bring in any order into this.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”