visual title menu

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

FactoryManager9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

visual title menu

Post by FactoryManager9000 »

I have a simple feature request.
on the title menu, where a factory is being simulated and we get to choose to start a game, quit, open options etc.
I would like to be able to click on the Wube logo and have the logo and menus and texts and cursor be hidden, so that I can appreciate the factory simulation in its full glory. I would like to call this the visual mode for title menu.
I believe this is pretty neat and easy to implement.
if you decide to implement it, please do so before the dlc is released as I would like to archive a version before the dlc and would like to have this feature in it. though I understand if you want to put 100% manpower on the dlc, even if this wouldn't take much.
oh also if you decide to implement it, please dont force a full screen when we enable visual mode, it should honor the current window mode and size.

PennyJim
Inserter
Inserter

Re: visual title menu

Post by PennyJim »

The main menu can be dragged around like any other window. Just tuck it into a corner to view the main menu simulation

Besides that, why does releasing the dlc matter at all? It's going to be functionally a (few) mod(s) that you can enable/disable at will.

FactoryManager9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FactoryManager9000 »

while we can drag the window arround, it would not be a true immersive experience.
also I requested for it to be done before the dlc for 2 reasons:
  1. I believe it will not take much time as it is simply disabling some ui features through a simple interaction
  2. the dlc will bring changes to the mechanics and will differentiate the end game goal, I simply wanted to preserve a version of the game that is vanilla base game with this feature in it.

PennyJim
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PennyJim »

I'm pointing out that point 2 is nonsense though.

The base game will still be there when the dlc drops. The only substantive chance to the base game are the 2.0 engine additions, like the signpost and better bot logic.

The end goal for the base game will still stay the same, and the mechanics are fairly untouched. Most substantial change I can think of is the train schedule interrupts, which barely affect the menu simulations.

Even disregarding all that, it's easy to get old versions of the game. Both through steam and just downloading it from Wube directly. I did that recently to open and view my first ever save.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”