Train stop train count

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ThatGuyStyx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train stop train count

Post by ThatGuyStyx »

Proposal: Split the train count output into two 1) Trains currently stopped at station and 2) Trains on their way to the station.

Or add 2 new options for the above.

A train on it's way to the station is not that same as a train that is currently stopped. In Space Exploration Mod you can move trains so this is an important distinction. Perhaps this might also be an issue in the new Factorio?

ElderAxe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Train stop train count

Post by ElderAxe »

It is not possible for multiple trains to stop at the same station at the same time.
You can check for "Train ID" signal to determine if there is a stopped train. After that it's just an easy calculation.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train stop train count

Post by FuryoftheStars »

This can already be done very simply with what we already have.
(Disclaimer: I'm not a combinator/circuit network guru, so it may be possible to do this even more simply.)

Separate stopped from enroute.png
Separate stopped from enroute.png (413.42 KiB) Viewed 345 times

Edit: Yup, my desire to make a picture because I suck at words made me too slow. :lol:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”