Speed sensitive steering for the car

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

LuckyBadger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Speed sensitive steering for the car

Post by LuckyBadger »

The car is difficult to control at speed, especially on paved roads with street furniture. My suggestion is that the steering sensitivity should decrease as the car goes faster, so that small course corrections become possible.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Speed sensitive steering for the car

Post by Pi-C »

Do you mean something like VehicleSnap or Cardinal?
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I like this mod for driving on roads: Pavement Drive Assist Continued
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

LuckyBadger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LuckyBadger »

Those are excellent mods and they address the problem of driving on roads very well. But they don’t help with the driving experience off-road and obviously aren’t available in games without mods (e.g. to gain awards) or, more importantly, for new players who are playing the vanilla game for the first time. Factorio, with 1.1, is now a highly polished and professional game but the driving experience is 0.13. It just grates. That’s why I think some improvements to the car controls (not necessarily my proposed idea) should be incorporated into the base game.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”