Underground belts and ghost belts

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Pigster23
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Underground belts and ghost belts

Post by Pigster23 »

Underground belts cut out part of a conveyor belt when placed (so you don't have to rip up the conveyors) ditto pipes.

When placing ghost belts, should/could placing real underground belts cut the ghost conveyor plan?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Underground belts and ghost belts

Post by ssilk »

Is that a suggestion or a question? :)

If question: no, that ghost belts are “virtual connections”, you can for example also make turns (with a mod).

If suggestion: that would limit the puzzling really hard. I don’t think this is a good idea. 8-)

Edit: read it again. now I understand. Forget all from above. Good point!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Ajedi32
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ajedi32 »

Agree with this suggestion. This is just another annoying little UI inconsistency between normal placement and ghost placement behavior which IMO should be fixed. Very similar to suggestion #5 in one of my previous posts: viewtopic.php?p=493231

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Yeah: I think ghost entities shopfront as similar to real entities as possible.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

I also think than when placing underground belt ghosts, the second one (and additional ones) placed should rotate 180 degrees just like when placing a normal underground belt. Currently when placing underground belt ghosts, you have to manually rotate every time you place additional underground belt ghosts.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Good suggestion. In my experience this isn't that big of a deal, however. Ghosts are so easy to remove, it wouldn't really make such a difference imo.
jamiechi1 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:17 am
I also think than when placing underground belt ghosts, the second one (and additional ones) placed should rotate 180 degrees just like when placing a normal underground belt. Currently when placing underground belt ghosts, you have to manually rotate every time you place additional underground belt ghosts.
I strongly disagree. I use this behaviour quite often to place multiple underground belts facing in the same direction.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Ajedi32
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ajedi32 »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:45 am
Good suggestion. In my experience this isn't that big of a deal, however. Ghosts are so easy to remove, it wouldn't really make such a difference imo.
IMO you shouldn't just be able to remove ghosts with this. Placing ghost underground belts over already-placed tiles should mark them for deletion as well.
ickputzdirwech wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:45 am
jamiechi1 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:17 am
I strongly disagree. I use this behaviour quite often to place multiple underground belts facing in the same direction.
Yeah, I find that auto-rotation behavior to be annoying almost as frequently as I find it to be helpful. An option to turn it off would be appreciated.

I don't really see that as an issue specific to ghost building though. IMO regardless of which method is decided upon the UI should be consistent between the two building modes.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ajedi32 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:36 pm
Yeah, I find that auto-rotation behavior to be annoying almost as frequently as I find it to be helpful. An option to turn it off would be appreciated.
Yeah, consistency over specially.
I see me often in the situation that I place ugbelts, ugpipes, poles by running in a direction. And when my items are empty I cannot just continue, it takes so much longer. Making this switchable, so that it behaves in both modes equal would be really helpful.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

This has been implemented in 1.1 with all the nice ghost related changes! (I must say I am not entirely happy that ghosts automatically rotate now as well)
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] I guess so, moved to Implemented.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

aeryen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aeryen »

A nice thing for the automatic rotating underground belt could be that it is not rotated when the ug belt is dragged orthogonal to the belt direction, so you can still e.g. place all 4-8 lanes of one side, then rotate manually and place the other side. I really prefer the way that you could do that with ghosts previously.

Or maybe make that an option of/similar to "belt drag in line"?

Nevermind, you still have that when you take a blueprint instead of just using the ghost functionality.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”