Bigger, smaller roboports and interstation

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Lorath
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bigger, smaller roboports and interstation

Post by Lorath »

So, here's one idea I got on my mind.

Interstation:
Interstations could be between other roboports where there is only movement allowed.
With this you'd be able to connect other facilitys with your main logistic network without
using normal roboports. They would have a much bigger range and won't use that much space
but isn't capable of storing robots.

Smaller:
The smaller roboport would use half the space than a normal roboport, maybe 2x2 tiles, also
you're only allowed to use half the amount of robots and repair kits and materials used to build.
This one would be usefull for a early in-game stage to supply a small factory or to fill up small
unconnected gaps in-between.

Bigger (1):
Basically the normal roboport but way bigger, maybe 5x5 or 6x6 tiles. It'll supply and cover a huge area.
It has more docking-bays than the normal one and could hold a much higher number of robots with the cost
of more needed materials and a larger electricity bill ;)

Bigger (2):
Same as above only it uses another building format:
The roboport itself needs to be placed on 4 pillars. Every pillar is 1x1 tile wide and needs alot of materials.
After you placed 4 pillars you can build the bigger roboport ontop of them. Let's say the roboport is 6x6 wide. It's
up to you where you place the pillars; either you place them all in one corner, distribute them in all 4 corners or
whatever you like. After this you need the roboport itself to build and place it ontop.
I know what you're thinking right now... "What about the visuals? I can't see whats going on under the roboport !?"
If its possible you simply press ALT to see every production information and with this - blend out the top of the roboport.

Tell me what you think :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bigger, smaller roboports and interstation

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Lorath
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bigger, smaller roboports and interstation

Post by Lorath »

ssilk wrote:I think you should try this: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=3798
Oh wow, I tried to search the Ideas and Suggestion forum but haven't searched the Modding section.
Thank you alot :D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”