Some mod-water ideas

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Vaolin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Some mod-water ideas

Post by Vaolin »

First of all, I'd like to apologise for any mistakes I will make in this thread (English is not my primary language).

Playing factorio is really fun for me, I just love doing my math and ratios with a bunch of mods to make a game more complicated and even more entertaining for me. But I found out that when I want to play one day with some mod pack and other they with different enabling/disabling mods one by one in + - 100mod pack is really tedious. It's much easier to just swap mod folders. I think would be awesome to in-game save downloaded(in-game mod portal is great for me!)mods as some kind of pack/collection and then just enabling appropriate one.

My second thought was water supply. I like trains and just hate water. Even more when I have to pipe it across xxx tiles. D I was thinking about more offshore pump job entities like:

Well: Resource(stone(10) + wood/+iron(4-5)) + no power cost, can't be placed on desert, 60 water/s, [1x1] dim
Deep Water Station (it make sense when I translate from my language, but I can't be sure if it does in English): Resource (Green circuits (20), Iron (10), Stell(20), Engine (like 2-5), Pipes (20-30), 60kW, 1200 water/s (like offshore) [3x3] dim

"Building's" like that would make me extremely happy and allow to make beautiful symmetric layouts which I love.

Let me know if you guys understand me and what you think about my ideas.
Couldn't find anything similar searching with tags "mods, pack, collections, water well" etc

Kametec
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Some mod-water ideas

Post by Kametec »

Yeah, saveable mod profiles would be great.

I solved my love for trains and my dislike for piping water around by making an array of pumps around a train station and shipping the water in trains. It's not as easy as it sounds. For example, getting water from a train stop to boilers is not trivial and not having a bottleneck there is quite challenging. The amount of water a large enough row of boilers (or heat exchangers ) can gobble down is respectable.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

First, several ideas/suggestions in a single topic is the very best way to have none ever added : imagine 2-3 discussions going on at the same time, it will become a cacophony, and soon no one will bother trying to understand who answers to whom.

Next, mod settings :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=678

And last :
[Koub] Moved to Ideas and Suggestions
:)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Vaolin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vaolin »

Kametec wrote:Yeah, saveable mod profiles would be great.

I solved my love for trains and my dislike for piping water around by making an array of pumps around a train station and shipping the water in trains. It's not as easy as it sounds. For example, getting water from a train stop to boilers is not trivial and not having a bottleneck there is quite challenging. The amount of water a large enough row of boilers (or heat exchangers ) can gobble down is respectable.
I did it too but it's always a risk of system failure, especially in late game with complicated, expanded train system.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”