Underground Power Lines

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Vandsaz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Underground Power Lines

Post by Vandsaz »

So, say you have a very dense area of power usage (In my example, the boiler setup). I lose production with the need of power poles in the area, I understand that that is small and a substation could do it, but power poles get also get in the way of conveyer belt systems as well. Also it would get rid of the need to protect power lines bringing power to remote outposts. Since we have underground belts and pipes why not power?
Attachments
20170606155814_1.jpg
20170606155814_1.jpg (737.52 KiB) Viewed 2021 times

Factory Lobster
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Underground Power Lines

Post by Factory Lobster »

I think what would be better for this game would be simple power transfer to anything immediately adjacent to something powered, either up to a certain number of tiles (like Sim City) or infinite. It doesn't make sense to have to wire everything independently.

Vandsaz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vandsaz »

Factory Lobster wrote:I think what would be better for this game would be simple power transfer to anything immediately adjacent to something powered, either up to a certain number of tiles (like Sim City) or infinite. It doesn't make sense to have to wire everything independently.
Exactly, while posting this I thought of that.

Factory Lobster
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Factory Lobster »

In a Reddit AMA, Kovarex expressed interest in rail viaducts. So, if nothing else, he shouldn't see a problem with at least implementing power lines that stretch between structures that go over things, such as belts or inserters. To transfer power from one powered thing to another.

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Factory Lobster wrote:In a Reddit AMA, Kovarex expressed interest in rail viaducts. So, if nothing else, he shouldn't see a problem with at least implementing power lines that stretch between structures that go over things, such as belts or inserters. To transfer power from one powered thing to another.
Looking forward to this!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”