Player sensitive rail signals

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Player sensitive rail signals

Post by Engimage »

These signals would be an extension of normal signals but would also go red if a player steps on the rail.

Currently a complex system with gates and circuit network is used to organize pedestrian rail crossing. Those could definitely simplify such task.

stm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Player sensitive rail signals

Post by stm »

Sounds nice.
I doubt it can be done in any usable way though:
If I see how far away gates already open, even if you don't want to cross the rails, a train might get stoped. On the other hand the time between comming into range and crossing can get quite short, which would not give the train enough time (and space) to stop. There are reasons why the convoluted setup for a railway crossing still is beeing revised for runtime conditions (pun intended).
Stm

PadreSperanza
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PadreSperanza »

But what would you do when the signal gets yellow and the train was reserving the track and you just jump onto it? Then the train won't stop.

The circuit crosses are for your own safety and not for the trains one. So you can use them to block the doors when the train already reserved the track. But I don't get how you wanna try to tell the train to stop when jumping over the track when the signal already gave the confirmation to cross

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

Re: Player sensitive rail signals ,,

Thats already working when using gates
if you get closer the gates open., so use this to generate a sensor. it although has a sensor when connected to a circut network

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”