Turret ammo warning

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Turret ammo warning

Post by The Eriksonn »

when a turret is out of ammo and try to shoot a biter, it should put a little warning next to the hotbar, maby instead of the "!" it should put the out of ammo Icon so that you know what the problem is about.
I have had alot of turrets killed because they were out of ammo when biters attacked.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Turret ammo warning

Post by ssilk »

Do you mean: If any turret is without ammo, the warning should appear?
That would be not a good idea. With many turrets and a bigger base you don't know which one to supply.
The better way is to automate supply of turrets instead.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

the warning should only come if the turret tries to attack a biter but it cant because it is out, it would also put warning triangle on the map like that one that comes when things blow up, but with the out of ammo Icon instead of explosion icon

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

This would then occur constantly. Because a turret is only loading 5 or some, and reloading may not be fast enough here and there. Then youll have another warning to ignore, which is against userfriendlyness.

If you want an example, this is the warning when a land mine is tripped. IE out of AMMO if you get the analogy. Is that what you want?

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

Turrets should give the out of ammo warning briefly as soon as they run out of ammo, and also every time they attempt to shoot while out of ammo.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

ssilk wrote:That would be not a good idea. With many turrets and a bigger base you don't know which one to supply.
Just use the current behaviour for "missing repair pack" and "missing construction item" etc. Just click the icon and it should take you to it on the map. The Icon should also appear on the map.

This sounds like a good idea. I think it should be for all turrets that don't have any ammo in them. Turrets need ammo like Assemblers need power. That way you can see things like "Ohh, my bots haven't built the track all the way round" or "I missed an inserter on this one" etc.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”