Filtered Grid

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Filtered Grid

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Suggest making grids have a catagory table similar to assembly machines. All equipment have a catagory, like recipies do.

Equipment can only be placed in grids with accept that catagory.

Exosuit Equipment would work only in power armor (or robots) while Wheel or Engine equipment might boost a Tank or Car.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Filtered Grid

Post by aeros1 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Suggest making grids have a catagory table similar to assembly machines. All equipment have a catagory, like recipies do.

Equipment can only be placed in grids with accept that catagory.

Exosuit Equipment would work only in power armor (or robots) while Wheel or Engine equipment might boost a Tank or Car.
I am pretty sure it is already possible. A bit croocked though, but I think bob's mods have disabled personal equipment for armor grid.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

This is already possible and implemented in 0.14. In fact it's mandatory that you define an equipment category for each equipment piece.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I actually went a bit over the top when I modded in the categories for vehicles.

"car", "tank", "vehicle" (any vehicle), "armored-vehicle" (Anything that would be considered armored, in my case it's tanks, and armored trains), "train" (any locomotive or cargo wagon), "locomotive", "cargo-wagon", "armored-train", "armored-locomotive", "armored-cargo-wagon". And then of course "armor" which is the default.

But, I agree, the reason I went with what I went with is because things like an exoskeleton to boost the speed of a car, tank or train make very little sense... you'd probably want an item that does the same job with a different name... like "engine overdrive unit". on top of that it's probably a bad idea to put them in a cargo wagon, because it doesn't do anything (Well, it MIGHT increase the speed limit, I don't know.)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”