Blueprinting and Von Neumann

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sabriath
Inserter
Inserter

Blueprinting and Von Neumann

Post by sabriath »

Straight to the point....a 1x1 "factory" object that can hold 1 blueprint. (can be inserted in and pulled out)

Now for the technical: When a blueprint is placed into this factory, it will activate it based on the position of the factory in relation to itself within the blueprint under no rotation....it will automatically assign removal of any underlying objects that are in the way. If there is more than 1 factory within the blueprint, it will use the one closest to the center, and if there is none at all, it will do nothing (and possibly have a visual "red light" for non-operation). If a destruction planner is placed within the factory, it will automatically assign everything within a 21x21 block for removal, including itself. The factory would require power and at 2 minute intervals, it would restamp the blueprint to refresh all ghost buildings.

Why? Because I think it would be awesome to come up with a way to make a JVN machine....a factory that automatically expands, eating all resources to create more.

Why not make it a mod? That would be great except I'm somewhat retired from modding, it's tiresome to work around other people's work, plus the developer has stated his interests in areas of AI and self-automation already. If someone else creates such a thing, that's awesome....I don't care who makes it, as long as I get to play it in the end.

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Blueprinting and Von Neumann

Post by gheift »

There is a proof of concept mod for deploying blueprints: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 97&t=14838

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”