roboport request slots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BigBlue7575
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

roboport request slots

Post by BigBlue7575 »

yes there are other ways to work around this but takes a alot of time and other supplies. i would like to have the roboports to request repair packs maybe even turrets, wall, and electric poles and substations. as my base is getting bigger it has gotten to the point where the bitters have gotten past the 4 layers of wall before the contruction bots can get to the assembling machine in my base that has all the repair pack and then fly all the way back to the wall. the only way i have found to help with this is to have a belt or train go around the long wall of my base and drop off packs and what ever else they need. or if the construction bots could take what they need from request chest would also work as well.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: roboport request slots

Post by TuckJohn »

All hat you have to do is put a requester chest nest to the roboport with an inserter feeding repair packs into the roboport.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

I've been told that as long as you have repair packs in a yellow or red chest, construction bots will use them. Repair slots in a robo bay are reserved for that roboport.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

bobucles wrote:I've been told that as long as you have repair packs in a yellow or red chest, construction bots will use them. Repair slots in a robo bay are reserved for that roboport.
That is right. In fact, construction robots can also take thing from the purple chests. They just have to race the logistics bots to do it.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”