Blueprint swap feature

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kiloliuton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Blueprint swap feature

Post by kiloliuton »

Hello everyone,
I've been playing this game (vanila, no mods) for quite some time now, and I've put many hours into it, although this is my first post on the forums.

I decided to give my suggestion because, in my humble opinion, I have an idea for blue prints that would be very simple to use and would solve the need for a third type of blueprint for upgrading stuff (besides the blue for construction and the red for deconstruction. Some mods use a third green print for this purpose).
I have been searching the forums and didn't find any similar suggestions, but in case I'm wrong, some mod can either lock the thread or redirect it.

The suggestion is as follows: when you make a blueprint, there is a little bar on the bottom that shows you the different types of items required for its construction, along with the quantities necessary. What if you could click those icons and a list of possible replacements would pop up for you to choose from?

For example: I have a blueprint for two yellow inserters inputting and outputting into a stone furnace. I click the inserter icon and a popup showing [burner inserter, yellow inserter, blue inserter, green inserter]. If I now choose the blue inserter from that list, the blueprint will be changed to two blue inserters inputting and outputting into a stone furnace, with no change to the relative positions of the parts whatsoever, so that I can put that down on top of my existing furnace setup (the one required to make the original print) and the bots will replace the yellow inserters for the blue inserters using the existing force build feature.

This should also work for swapping between stone/advanced furnace, any colours of belts, medium and small poles and assembling factories etc.

Thanks for reading and feel free to share this idea with developers if you are a more active member, I would be very happy to have helped.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Blueprint swap feature

Post by Marconos »

interesting idea. I'm not sure it would enhance gameplay as make things more difficult to understand Could be an interesting addition though.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TuckJohn »

I forget where I say this forum, but I remember seeing something about having a green planner to upgrade the level of different things.

As for the feature that you said, I think it would be an interesting mod.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”