campaigns and end game content?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

campaigns and end game content?

Post by Mendel »

Right now I think the game could almost be released as a finished game with the features it has right now if only it had an actual non-tutorial campaign. Something between 10-20 scenarios long campaign should be fine. Maybe it also is missing a little bit content for end game like doing more with rockets.
It could start with the tutorial campaign missions and continue from there. Add a bit of story, add at least 10 more missions.
Ideally, last mission would require firing of multiple rockets with various payloads that construct the spaceship mentioned in blog some time ago.

I have only recently been introduced to the game but it seems like to me that making campaign and scenarios has not been prioritized enough.
As a player, I have played the tutorial campaigns, then played a freeplay game where I launched a rocket and now I´m out of purpose for continuing to play. I want more story and gameplay relevant content please :)
I realize you can do almost anything and set your own goals but I´m not so much of a fan of sandbox or sandboxy freeplay. I need a clear goal to work for.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: campaigns and end game content?

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

I'll create you a goal then ^^
accomplish 1 rocket launch per 5 minutes.
Then accomplish 1 rocket launch per 1 minute.
Then accomplish 2 rocket launch per 1 minute.

by the time you reach said goal, you will have spent tons of hours into a save. And should have quite a big base.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

That... sounds almost unrealistic. It took me like 10 minutes for each % of the rocket completion :D

Also, I had big struggle setting up several outposts that I would need to get enough resources as my tank with explosive shells seems to get eaten alive by them blue aliens... maybe I need to look into fighting with modular armor instead of vehicles?

Basically, I think it would be a good idea to have more tutorial missions that explain the use of blueprints, robots and more advanced fighting against the aliens cause that is left to me to figure out and so far I couldn´t cause Im stoooooooopiiid and need tutorials for everything.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

root negatives tutorials could help you, they are older but the core mechanics hasn't changed that much ^^ Just be mindful when watching certain OCD aspects :)

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =18&t=5316 is his topic

And a rocket per minute can be done, You may need more than one silo though.

Head on over to the http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Factorio streamers, You will see lots of "mega" bases :)
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Okay well the main thing is still that I really think the game would benefit from having more story and longer campaign(s)

There is a too large gap from the goal of the last tutorial campaign mission to the freeplay goal of launching a rocket (and especially what is required for constant multiple rocket launches)

Game can have campaigns so it really should have more of them or a single longer one. I find the end of a campaign mission situation and even the small tune that plays at mission end very satisfying. I want more of that!

also: give purpose to fast rocket launches, let us design and build a space station. carry components by rockets. Then defend the space station from attacks with space turrets, become a planet corporation and set up trade at the space station... sell those alien artifacts and buy something else!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

See eventually
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=2507 Don't mix training and campaign...

This is also the plan: To be able to have training-levels, which can be entered every time when you are stuck in your game.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Am I correct that campaign and such haven´t been worked on for more than a year?
Maybe the devs need to have someone who would focus solely on making story and campaign missions... or maybe it´s not time for that yet?

oh... can users make campaign(s)? Maybe such things have already been made? Are there scripting tools available for this? I should look harder :oops:

oh deary me, what will happen to my life if I have to make the campaign myself? :lol:

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”