RR Trestles

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Chumfactor
Inserter
Inserter

RR Trestles

Post by Chumfactor »

NOTE: I did a search, but "Trestle" only came up in one thread, and that idea was about loading/unloading. This is different.

Railroad trestles serve the following purposes:

* Act as an overpass for trains. No-intersection crossings, allowing long RR-freeways that don't get interrupted when they pass through congested areas.
* Overpass is safer for human-crossings, too!
* Act as a mid- and end-game use for wood! (Currently, all our wood goes into storage that feeds 2-3 old-school furnaces, which is kind of lame.)
* Challenge mode: Trestles are also impacted by cliff explosives. Of course, they're super-susceptible to damage from a variety of sources, as anyone whose ever watched an old Western knows. :) ) Aliens may or may not be attracted to the creosote (which comes from coal, natch!)

There's more, as you can imagine, but that's the basic bullet points.

Every time we start a new factory, by the time we get to somewhere between lasers & nuclear power we're sure wishing we had RR trestles!

(The group I play with starts a new factory every few months, either when there's a new [big] update or if someone wants to try some new challenge, whether achievement-oriented or not. "No lasers" made for a weird game (we always play with aliens on); our current is "no artillery", meaning map exploration has to be done "by hand".)

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: RR Trestles

Post by CDarklock »

I like this idea, but I feel like there would be technical limitations. Anyway nothing really to add, I just would like this.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Going by pictures I found a trestle is just some kind of bridge and there are several threads about adding bridges and tunnels.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46978

jim lee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jim lee »

Bridges, tunnels.. I still like it. Trestles would be COOL!

-jim lee

Sad_Brother
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sad_Brother »

Optera wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:48 pm
Going by pictures I found a trestle is just some kind of bridge and there are several threads about adding bridges and tunnels.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46978
If I understand right this bridge just close gap between elevations.
So it add nothing to this game.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”