Burner power armour generator

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Burner power armour generator

Post by CorBlimey »

A Mk1 and Mk2 generators for power armour that allow you to burn items (with stacks of fuel placed in armour inventory or a dedicated slot) would be very useful. It would bridge the gap to fusion generator as well as being a potential substitute (rocket fuel based would be more compact and higher output but requires fuel).

I would also suggest replacing the fusion generator with a MK3 burner generator uranium fuel celled power reactor, which is more credible (fusion generators are currently a little bit based on handwavium technology (e.g. we have backpack sized fusion reactors but no full scale reactor - burner and uranium fuel cell based generators are far more believable))

I would allow all fuel types - mid game with basic modular could use coal/solid fuel and late-game transition to rocket fuel or the Mk3 nuclear reactor

As long as bots are able to top up your fuel it would add no micromanagement that might otherwise be a little annoying compared to slap-and-go fusion magic

p.s. I realise this suggestion is probably a regular one - this is adding to the chorus (per the sticky suggestion ;-))

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Burner power armour generator

Post by Ranakastrasz »

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=14894

I agree, which is why I wrote this.

Hoping more of it gets added to vanilla still tho.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Burner power armour generator

Post by CorBlimey »

Ranakastrasz wrote:viewtopic.php?f=93&t=14894

I agree, which is why I wrote this.

Hoping more of it gets added to vanilla still tho.
yeah and I appreciate the mod :D (I played heavily modded) but still think the concept would integrate very well into vanilla. I understand why e.g. FARL/Evogui/YARM etc will never be vanilla but I think burner armour is very vanilla in feel

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”