[1.1.35] Accumulator power graph does not update when switching from producer to consumer

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
jagholin
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.35] Accumulator power graph does not update when switching from producer to consumer

Post by jagholin »

It's a graphical bug that occurs in electric grid information window. I use solar and accumulators for energy generation in my base. When I look at grid info and let it stay open long enough for accus to switch state from production to consumption or back, I can see that the accu icon below moves to left or right column(to producers or consumers). This part works as expected. What doesn't work however is that the graphs on the top don't update accordingly(the line that stands for accu production/consumption doesn't move to the other side). This is just a graphical bug though, if you click on anything in the window or just close and open it again, graphs will update and the accumulator line will appear again where it should.

The bug might only happen if a short time interval is selected like 5 sec(?)

jagholin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.35] power graph for accumulators breaks when they go from production to consumption

Post by jagholin »

Here is an example:

As you can see in consumption statistic, the top consumer is currently the accumulator array. But there is no line on the graph that corresponds to it.
If I press any button in this window, graphs will update and the line will appear.

Tobias1595
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.35] Accumulator power graph does not update when switching from producer to consumer

Post by Tobias1595 »

Addressing this issue would break other intended behaviour.
The GUI keeps the assignment of colours to entities consistent for as long as the player doesn't interact with it. Accumulators were not among the top consumers when the GUI was last touched, therefore did not receive a line in the graph, and are shown in white in the list below.
Additionally, you correctly observed that changing the graph data causes it to reassign the colours, based on the then currently available data.
Finally, the "Consumption" and "Production" parts of the GUI are almost completely independent. Data shown on one side has nothing to do with the other side, and moving things from one to the other would make little to no sense.

To uphold the intended behaviour (of keeping colours consistent), and with a simple workaround already known, I will file this report under "Won't fix".

Return to “Won't fix.”