[18.17] Continue does not load the newest game when synced by Steam

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
pcsh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[18.17] Continue does not load the newest game when synced by Steam

Post by pcsh »

Hello,

I'm using a dual boot system with windows and linux. Yesterday evening I played for a while on windows. When i finished, Steam synchronized my savegames with the cloud.
Today i decided to use linux and Steam downloaded the savegames from the cloud. When i started the game the "continue" button in the main menu showed _autosave3 as the newest one. But when I head to "Singeplayer -> Load game" I can see that the play time of _autosave1 and _autosave2 is longer. In my case _autosave2 is the newest one.

Additional information (I don't think they are necessary):
- The autosave files are the newest ones because Windows crashed. (That's not a Factorio related problem)
- I synchronizes the savegames after restarting windows.
- There was a conflict with uploading savegames from windows and when downloading them on linux - I had deactivated synchronization for a while and activated it just yesterday. I chose to upload my local files on windows and to download the cloud files on linux.

I guess that you use the filesystems timestamp when determining which savegame is the newest one, but steam synchronize them in a different order.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [18.17] Continue does not load the newest game when synced by Steam

Post by Twinsen »

It's the same issue with load game then.

The game uses filesystem timestamps, and there's no other solution (showing the save with the most playtime is not reasonable). So it's an issue with steam sync in your case.

Return to “Won't fix.”