[0.17.74] Campaign Compilatron automated construction failure

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Gravebound1337
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.74] Campaign Compilatron automated construction failure

Post by Gravebound1337 »

While playing the Introduction campaign, Arrival mission, you are tasked to bring items to the compilatron, in order for
drones to setup your first automation (belts, factories, furnaces). If you move to the spot the compilatron will ask you to move to,
after gathering the items required, the drones originate from that spot to construct aforementioned automation rather than moving to the
more center position with compilatron, resulting in painfully slow construction and the following game-ending bug:

Error while running event level::on_ai_command_completed (ID 113)
__base__/lualib/compi.lua:273: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert'
__base__/lualib/compi.lua:273: in function 'build_area'
__base__/lualib/npe/story_nodes/starting_area.lua:350: in function '?'
__base__/lualib/function_save.lua:15: in function 'run'
__base__/lualib/compi.lua:811: in function '?'
__base__/lualib/function_save.lua:15: in function 'run'
__base__/lualib/command_callback.lua:47: in function '?'
__base__/lualib/event_handler.lua:7: in function <__base__/lualib/event_handler.lua:4>

Edit: I was not able to recreate this bug - drones did originate from the weird position when I tried again, however no crash occurred. Was I correct in posting this in this subforum seeing as the mission was terminated, or should I recreate this in the campaign/scenario section?

Regrettably I don't have a log for this particular bug any more.

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.74] Campaign Compilatron automated construction failure

Post by wheybags »

I don't understand what you mean by "If you move to the spot the compilatron will ask you to move to, after gathering the items required,". Do you just mean walking over to him like the quest text asks you to? Maybe you could elaborate, or post a video, because I cannot reproduce the weird building behaviour you describe, or the crash.

Return to “Won't fix.”