[0.17.48] [Modding] Construction bot idle and in_motion animations don't use all the frames

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.17.48] [Modding] Construction bot idle and in_motion animations don't use all the frames

Post by Deadlock989 »

Hi,

Exactly the same set up as described in this report, with an identical sprite sheet arrangement for the three bot states and also the shadow sheet.

I can avoid the crash described in that post by simply doubling up the shadows so that all six sheets are specified identically (frame_count = 2, directions = 16, line_length = 2).

Everything works as expected then, except for one thing: only working uses both frames of the animation. idle and in_motion only use the first frame in the row and are "frozen". This may be intended behaviour for the vanilla use case, but it seems odd because they are AnimationPrototype definitions, I don't know of any other one that doesn't actually animate.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.48] [Modding] Construction bot idle and in_motion animations don't use all the frames

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Construction and logicistc robots don't support animations when idle/in motion. It's just a side effect that the person who implemented the rendering for those states chose to use the "rotated animation" class instead of just "variations". Most likely they did it because it supported rotations easily.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't fix.”