[0.15.28] Rail engine/car location decals don't display

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Elan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.28] Rail engine/car location decals don't display

Post by Elan »

With storage chest in hand the decals show on this straight section when the cursor is within roughly 5 car lengths of the station.

But not here when the cursor is well within 5 car length but the station and cursor are separated by a curved section of track.

Maybe not a bug but is unexpected behavior.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.28] Rail engine/car location decals don't display

Post by Loewchen »

There is no station on this straight track so there are no car positions to display.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

There is a station right before the cruve, and its five wagons should extend behind the place the cursor is at, so it should show the outlines.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Elan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Elan »

Loewchen wrote:There is no station on this straight track so there are no car positions to display.
There is a station and there are car positions to display because they will display when I mouse over the station. But they won't display as they typically do with a chest or inserter or pump in hand when within a certain range of the station.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

We (and therefore the game engine) assume train stations are entirely on straing rail segments. As far as I know, pumps won't even connect to fluid wagons in that station. Inserters would pick up from cargo wagons, though.

Return to “Won't fix.”