[1.1.61] Assembly Machines Too Quiet

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
tmas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.61] Assembly Machines Too Quiet

Post by tmas »

When loading a game, even as vanilla, assembly machines are quiet. Compared to oil refineries and chemical plants, the assembly machines are much quieter. Tried removing all my mods, turning up all my sound settings and zooming in so I'm surrounded by and right up against busy assembly machine 3s. Could turn up my master volume to hear my beautiful factory, but then placing anything (and every other actions that make noise) would be really loud.
Tested via Sandbox mode.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.61] Assembly Machines Too Quiet

Post by Donion »

Hi, thanks for the report. However, we like where the volume level of assembling machines is, so we won't be changing it.

Note that since version 1.1.62 there is a new default audio mixer, which is on average ~6dB louder, so maybe you'll be happier with the new version.

If it still bothers you that much, you can adjust the volumes yourself by creating and using a simple mod. Here is a nice write-up on how to do it, except you would be manipulating

Code: Select all

data.raw["assembling-machine"]["assembling-machine-1"].working_sound.sound.volume = <desired volume>
data.raw["assembling-machine"]["assembling-machine-2"].working_sound.sound.volume = <desired volume>
data.raw["assembling-machine"]["assembling-machine-3"].working_sound.sound.volume = <desired volume>
If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, I'd suggest asking for help in the modding subforums.

tmas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.61] Assembly Machines Too Quiet

Post by tmas »

Thank you for the suggestion. Recently the assembly machines went back to "normal" sound levels due to an unknown cause, but since it fixed itself I shouldn't need to create a mod. I reported a similar issue that turned out to be a mostly full page file due to infrequent pc restarts, so perhaps that was the cause. Regardless, assembly machines are now at their normal sound levels in the latest version [1.1.68] according to my recent testing.

Return to “Won't fix.”