[0.17.11] Item gets not in chest on chunk transition (one way only)

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
deadone951
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.11] Item gets not in chest on chunk transition (one way only)

Post by deadone951 »

Scenario:
- Chest is placed on the chunk's edge
- Two inserters are placed in such a way that they will move an item "through" the chest (from one chunk into the other)
- (Build a loop so that ONE item can circle around in all 4 configurations, the lights and speakers are only for audio-visualization)

Expected:
For all chests on the map: An arriving item is placed into the chest and the gets removed by the other inserter within a very short period of time.
Got:
The item is either placed into the chest or directly taken by the other inserter without getting placed into the chest depending on the chest's location.
Further comments:
For all chests on a map the item in such a loop gets consistently placed into a chest so that you can build some logic network to count the passed items. I was only able to find chests on chunk's borders with different behavior. Not quite sure if this is intended, but it feels like its not.

You can find a minimal example (savegame) in the attachments. The lights and speakers are activated once an item was placed in the chest.

Like everyone has told you (@devs) right now: Keep up the (understatement incoming) incredibly great work. .16 already felt as complete as it gets - was not expecting that many and huge quality of life improvements.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
ItemChunkTransition.zip
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 62 times

Vegemeister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.11] Item gets not in chest on chunk transition (one way only)

Post by Vegemeister »

If what you are trying to do is count passed items, I think it would be much better to use pulse read mode on one of the inserters. That way you get a reliable 1-tick pulse with value equal to the number of items picked up, which you can just feed to an integrator to get a running count.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.11] Item gets not in chest on chunk transition (one way only)

Post by Klonan »

I don't think this is possible to fix, it is because of the update order.
I also don't believe anybody on the team wants to fix this, I will move to Won't Fix

Return to “Won't fix.”