Posting is painful

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
ignatio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Posting is painful

Post by ignatio »

I haven't made many posts on this forum, but every time I try to, it's a painful experience: Submit, save draft, preview, and file upload often just hangs and eventually times out without doing anything. When it works it's always quick.

If I try to browse the forum from another tab while this happens, that hangs too, so I wonder if it's some kind of firewall/session problem. I don't think it's a network problem on my end, because I don't get anything similar on any other site, and otherwise browsing the forums is fine.

Eventually it works, but I have to keep trying - sometimes it takes 10 minutes.

For this post, I had to click preview 3 times and submit once.
Last edited by ignatio on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Posting is painful

Post by Koub »

That's actually strange because I have Never ever experienced any kind of ... what you describe on this forum. And I think I have been around here for enough time to notice if such a thing happened to me.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ignatio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ignatio »

Yes, I suspect it's not common, or else there'd been more complaints about it. It feels like a http-level bug of some sort - reminds me a bit of the hangs one could get back in the day when browsers and web servers didn't do keep-alive sessions correctly.

Maybe it has to do with the browser; I'm using Firefox 47.0 on Ubuntu Linux.

For this reply I'm trying Chrome instead to see if that works better. But no, it doesn't. :( Then I don't know what it is, but it's pretty irritating.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Maybe can you try, next time you're browsing, to open the web console (Ctrl-Shift-K on Firefox iirc), and see in it if there is something noticeable ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mojo2012
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mojo2012 »

I never had that kind of issue but still I think the forum should be improved a lot.

Why do textboxes have a dark grey background and black font? Either make the background white or the font. It's painful to post here.

Aspherix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aspherix »

Indeed it is, though most of the times it's not really that hard.

Return to “This Forum”